If you have any questions or need additional assistance about the following very important immigration info, please contact the Office of Global Services (OGS) at email@example.com.
You should have received an email on Thursday (10/2) from the Office of Global Services with visa/immigration information for your semester abroad. In this email all students were asked to complete four steps:
- Obtain or renew your passport;
- Complete the Student Information Form;
- Scan and upload a color copy of your passport using this link;
- Run a GlobalChek Plus inquiry. Go to https://home.nyu.edu/ click on -> click on GlobalChek Plus Login -> run New Visa Query -> UNDER PURPOSE OF TRIP, select STUDENT – STUDY AWAY PROGRAM @ NYU (Prague).
Additionally, students going to NYU Prague must read/complete the following:
- If you don’t have a passport valid for 3 months after the end of the program – THIS SHOULD BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY. It should expire after the end of August 2015. If you don’t have a passport, we must stress the URGENCY behind expediting this process wherever possible.
- The Czech consulate’s visa process can take up to 90 days to complete, so it is CRITICAL that you start working on this NOW.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that you READ AND SAVE THIS DOCUMENT: Prague Long-Stay Visa Instructions – SP 15.
- Get Started Now! You should complete “Section #1: Get Started” of the Prague Long-Stay Visa Instructions IMMEDIATELY. You should also start making an appointment at the Czech Consulate if applying in New York. Instructions are in the above link, as well as on GlobalChek Plus. You will receive certain documents from NYU Prague approximately 2-3 weeks after submitting a copy of your passport to our office, so be sure not to book an appointment too soon, but also allow ample time for processing (remember it can take up to 90 DAYS for processing at the Consulate).
- If you have already completed the Student Information Form and uploaded a copy of your passport, we will be contacting you soon about picking up your documents once they arrive from the Czech Republic.
- Save the date: OGS will be hosting Visa Workshops for students going to NYU Prague. An in-person workshop will be held Friday 10/17 at 1pm. An online workshop will be held Thursday 10/23 at 9:30am. More details will follow shortly.
Failure to complete the above steps will delay the issuance of your official visa letters. These letters are part of the required documents you must submit to the consulate for your visa.